ARE YOU A CLINICIAN
aspiring to start your own practice but scared shitless to make the leap?
My name is Gerda Muller and I remember what it was like to be at your stage in your career like it was yesterday! It’s such an exciting time to be on the verge of starting your own private practice! For me, it was when I was on maternity leave with my second son that I started to think maybe this was the time to actually start my own practice. I wanted more flexibility and time with my kids. But of course, it was a scary first step to take!!
Near my local shopping centre there was this small little room that had this for lease/sale sign on it for many, many months and I would often walk past it and just peep in and think, oh, you know, perfect size for a consult room. I finally rented it in April 2007. It took me 5 whole months to build up the courage! I resigned from the place I was employed by and I started my own private practice. It started as 3 days per week doing school hours. It was really important for me to be there for my children, as the eldest was just starting prep and the youngest going to day care.
Do you have these concerns?
- If you’re feeling anything like I was, you’re excited, but also scared shitless – which is pretty normal actually 🙂
- You probably don’t know anything about running a business and have no idea where to start with the transition – this isn’t the kind of stuff you get taught in postgrad/training! That, of course, leads to procrastination which just perpetuates the process. You read a lot online but feel scattered, overwhelmed and confused.
- You really want to take the leap but you also feel shackled by the ‘golden handcuffs’ of your current job that provides a consistent income, something that is very hard to let go of. You don’t want to be playing Russian Roulette with your family’s financial nest egg.
- You’re tired of building up someone else’s business and dream about being able to pick your own ideal clients and never having to ask for time off to be with your kids. Self-doubt holds you down and it holds you back.
- You overthink every decision and feel insecure about your ability to be a proper business owner. . Who are you to manage a team? To lead?
I get it!
I had those exact same concerns. But just 6 months after I took the leap I had already exceeded my wildest dreams!
Within 12 months I established a team of three and upgraded from a 1 room practice to a three room practice! I went from working 3 days a week to 5 days a week, fully booked and with a waitlist.
That doesn’t mean that everything went to plan on my whole journey. If you read my about page, you’ll hear the full story. Things started so well and as I got bigger and bigger things started to crumble because I never knew how to lay the right foundations in the beginning. That’s what I can help you with so you save yourself time, money and heartache.
Here’s how I can help you transition from a clinician to a business owner
We’ll lay the foundations and get your proverbial ducks in a row BEFORE transitioning into your own private practice. You have a family to support and know that you need to start your business in a smart, practical, sustainable way instead of jumping in and winging it.
We’ll establish a clear path forward to building your dream private practice so you say goodbye to procrastination and overwhelm and gain momentum, feel the empowerment of reaching your goals and checking things off your list.
As a clinician, you were only exposed to the industry regulations in regard to treating clients. I’ll teach you how the regulations are going to apply as a business owner so you have the peace-of-mind that you’re doing everything above board.
Learn how to manage your limited time better while you’re still working as a clinician 9-5 and moonlighting your business development. All without sacrificing your family time.